Happy start of Spring! This year, 2019, the vernal equinox is on March 20th!
- Project FeederWatch continues, www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw
- Song Sparrows can be seen feeding on the ground.
- Barred Owl and Screech Owl mating seasons.
- Bluebirds become more widespread and begin mating late in month.
- Courtship activities start for the White-breasted Nuthatch, Northern Cardinal, Blue Jay and Downy Woodpecker.
- Wild Turkeys begin gobbling with males strutting and looking for mates.
- Western conifer seed bugs and ladybugs emerge and can appear in homes.
- Phoebes and Fox Sparrows begin to arrive.
- Inspect trees for Gypsy Moths on hardwood trees and remove any that you may find.
- March is a great month for watching waterfowl.
- Tree Swallows, female Red-winged Blackbirds and Common Grackles return.